Monday, July 16, 2012

Letter #4 from the MTC - July 16

Hey family, I am writing again on P-day. Things are going good here. I caught a bit of a cold on Friday that has been going around. It was pretty bad Saturday and yesterday, but I am feeling much better today. I have gotten 2 letters from Zach, a letter from A-Lard, a letter from Taylor Rich, and a letter from Misha Barton. I got the head massager and the flag, thank you for those, I now have the coolest Polish flag in the district, but I am having a hard time letting everyone sign it.
 
I got a good workout in today, I rowed on a rowing machine for a half hour and started lifting for a few minutes with some instruction from Elder Harris. For some reason, I don't think that the language on our nametags looks too crazy, but people ask us like 20 times a day what it is because they think it is crazy looking. They even use our alphabet for the most part.
 
Last night we had Jenny Oaks Baker, daughter of Elder Oaks, famous violinist. Look her up if you don't know who she is. She played a bit and shared a few spiritual experiences. The only time we had a GA was that one Devotional with L. Tom Perry when we first got here. I hope that we get to see another one or two before we are out.
 
There is not much else going on here, we have a very strict schedule to follow and we do our best to study and learn the language. It is still really hard and not much of it makes sense, but I am trying to put together a framework to put words into, I am hoping that that method works. I am trying to review all of the grammar principles, every person that speaks Polish has a different opinion on the best way to learn the language, but I am just trying my best. Flashcards don't work for me, but I think that being able to make my own sentences will help.
 
We just had a change in leadership, every three weeks our branch changes Zone Leaders and DLs, so the new Zone Leaders are Starszi Neuner and Wilson, and the new DL is Starszy Cieslak. I am kinda glad, but at the same time, I enjoyed getting to work so close with the Presidency, and I think we have a great branch with relatively few problems.
 
Hello, this is Elder Baranowski - please write me :)  Also, I thought I would just let you know that Brian is an awesome guy...excuse me Elder Goad-veen (how we pronounce it here).  Please read Alma 10-16 those chapters are really awesome, (those are probably slightly off (the references)) and read about Zeezrom, and Alma/Amulek's ministry that they did - we will be doing that kind of missionary work in Poland.  Do zobaczenia!
 
Me again, Thank you for all of the support and love. I love you all and can't wait to hear from home. I don't really know what other pictures I want specifically, just more from home I guess. I don't know if it is possible, but a bag of chips, a can of tomato sauce, and some dry mix would be amazing. That was half-joking..... unless it is possible.... I will talk to you all later. Cześć!

No comments:

Post a Comment