Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Weekly Email - July 9th

Hi Family,
So, all is well, I had a Chance yesterday to meet our new mission president, President Edgren. He is awesome and I already have the utmost respect for him. I am very excited to see where this mission goes. We have been doing a ton of contacting this week with little success, but we are going to shift gears. We have noticed that the members here in Sosnowiec are very open about the gospel and share it with their friends, so we are going to start focusing a lot on working with members. We are trying to work more closely with our branch president who is young and very cool.
I couldn't email yesterday because of our meeting that came up, but all is well here. I am still eating healthy, I do yoga on occasion, and I am feeling good. The branch members here said I speak really good Polish (they said if my grammar and vocab were better, I would sound just like a Pole). I had a good ego boost from that. I am still working out the kinks in my accent like the "L" sound is slightly different here, but it is doing good. I just need to study harder for the grammar and find a fun way to learn vocab, because I can't learn off a list.
Elder B and I are doing great, he is 6 months in the mission and is doing a good job and isn't afraid of talking to everyone. We are working our creative juices, because a whole new realm of possible finding activities has just opened up for us and more options are coming shortly. Elder B got sick this week and we stayed in for a day, that has to be the most boring time of a missionaries life! He is feeling a lot better though, and we have been out working ever since. I found a new flavor of juice here (grape limeade) that is delicious. Juice is just plain better in Poland. Cactus and Banana are always crowd favorites.
I hope all is going well at home I heard it was an exciting week for all of you.
Love you all,
Starszy Godwin
 Here is Elder Godwin with his buddy Mitt Romney. Don't know where he found this, the was no explanation. 

 This is the healthy eating Elder Godwin is doing on his mission. Thanks Elder K for teaching him.

No comments:

Post a Comment