Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekly Email - June 24th

First off, I got my new area assignment. On Thursday I will be taking about an 8 1/2 hour train ride to Katowice. I will be serving in a town just outside of Katowice called Sosnowiec. I will be a District Leader there, so I will be in charge of 3 other Elders, 2 Sisters, and a Senior missionary couple. I am nervous and excited at the same time. My current companion, Elder K is staying in Szczecin, and I will be serving with Elder B. I hope all goes well in the move and that I am able to get right to work in Katowice. I am definitely going to miss Szczecin and all of the amazing people here, as well as the district here Elders M, W, and K are the best.
This week I officially hit my year-mark on the 20th. I am still trying to figure out how I feel about that. It hit hard that day, I realized that I am half-way done, and that I only have that much time left here on my mission. It is weird.
This past week we ran into a woman on the street who said she had met Mormons a couple of times years ago and that she had wondered where we went... We told her that we were still here in Szczecin and would love to see her at church on Sunday, she said she would be there for sure. Then, on Sunday, we got to church and soon, not only this woman, but her husband also came. They dressed up nice, mingled with members and missionaries, and they sat through sacrament (Elder K and I spoke). They complemented us on our talks, and then they stayed for Sunday school. They answered questions, asked questions, and participated well in class the whole time. After church, they even wanted to invite us over next week for dinner and for us to teach them more about the gospel. We said we would be happy to. They were just such a neat, prepared couple. I will not be able to take them up on their dinner offer unfortunately, because I will be in Katowice, but it was just a miracle that we found them. 
 
We also had the chance to run in to an American family that was traveling through. They had come to visit someone that the husband had baptized 40 years earlier while he served a mission in Denmark. They traveled through Denmark, Germany and Poland. We first ran in to them on our way to an appointment. We visited briefly but had to leave to make it to our appointment on time. After we left the appointment and were heading back to our apartment we ran in to them again. This time we were able to visit for a while. We really enjoyed talking to the family and had a great visit.
 
We also had a chance to go to Zone Conference in Bydgoszcz. It was a long train ride and things were hectic and crazy but it worked out really well. We had a good experience and it was good to be able to see President and Sister Nielson one more time before they head home. They are going to be missed! They the official cutting off a tie of all the missionaries to take with them home for their mission quilt that they are making.
Other than that I am excited to get to see my next city and see how all of that works out. I hope all is well for everyone at home!

Love you all,
Starszy Godwin


Elder Godwin and Elder K. this is the picture the American couple took of them to send to us. That was so nice of the couple. They have a missionary out themselves and know what a blessing it is for us parents to get updates.

This is the first hedgehog Elder Godwin has ran into. He was even able to touch it. He was very excited about this.

Here is Elder K and Godwin with their newly baptized sister. They have really enjoyed teaching S. She is an amazing young lady, so ready to learn and to live the gospel. She has been a true blessing in these young men's mission life.

No comments:

Post a Comment