Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Weekly Email - December 4th

Hey, so this week was pretty good. Sorry, I am a little crunched for time since we are doing this on lunch break, but I wanted to just say I am doing great and my comp is as well. Elder Caskey says hi to everyone and he is doing well.
We had a great time touring Auschwitz with the whole zone. Unfortunately President didn't make it, but he came to Katowice to watch and join our carroling and finding activity. It was a blast, we just sung our Christmas songs and when someone would stop nearby, a missionary could split off and go talk to them. We got a lot of people's contact and a lot of people stopped. I got to spend some quality time with Elder Caskey and even contact with him for a few minutes. I think we would make great companions personally. His companion, Elder A, is great. His dad is in the military and has been stationed in Arizona for some time, he says it is his favorite place in the world. He loves his guns, so we got some quality time too.
We had zone training and that was a wonderfully spiritual meeting about how to feel the spirit and how to help investigators recognize the spirit. Then we had a testimony meeting, I love missionary testimony meetings. I think one of the greatest blessings of my mission is I have pretty much gotten over my fear of public speaking. I still have a lot of public speaking skills to develope, but the imediate fear is gone. I feel like it is such an amazing oportunity and a great teaching and learning experience to get together as missionaries and share testimonies. We had a safe trip back and are now home in Wroclaw. I am going to have to cut this short. I hope everyone is doing great and that you have a great week.

Love you all,

Starszy Godwin

Elders Caskey and Godwin at Auschwitz.



No comments:

Post a Comment