Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekly Email - August 26th

Hi all,

Sorry, my recording is really short, and my letter may be a little short as well. We are at a little internet cafe emailing and we paid for just 1 hour and are a little rushed. My cough turned into a cold which has been going all week, but is finally starting to clear up a bit. This morning I woke up and could breath out of my nose for the first time in a week, so I am happy with that.
Our investigators are doing great.We have still been teaching them, we extended a baptismal date to them. They were a little taken back, but they seemed OK with the idea. They want to develop their own testimonies so that will be our main focus with them over the next week. We had a great lesson though and got to watch the Restoration video with them in church and talk a lot about that. They all came to a Saturday grill. We had a great time and at the end, each of them said they would be in church. Three of them showed up at church and it was wonderful and P... was so excited that all of his brothers were in church with him, he got pictures with all of them, it was wonderful.

The people here that we are teaching are great. They are at such a crucial age (17-19) and they are really thinking and searching and doing it together. G... has been trying to invite other friends as well and says that when he reads the Book Of Mormon, he really feels something. I also would like to add my testimony that I too "feel something" when I read the Book of Mormon. I have realized recently on my mission how full circle the gospel is. All things point to Christ as our Savior and Redeemer (Zbawiciel i Odkupiciel). Christ established the gospel of salvation among the people of Jerusalem, the Nephites, and surely many others. He then returned to a prophet in 1820 to testify of His gospel and restore the lost points. Recently I have been reading in Mosiah (I am reading the Book of Mormon again from start to finish), and I am learning more than ever before. So much is written there of the blessings of the Lord and about how we can obtain those blessings and promises for ourselves. That book came from God and testifies of Jesus Christ and His salvation. I am grateful for Him, and for the miracles He has provided for us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I need to send my recording and some pictures, so I will have to finish off this letter here. I love you all and hope everything works out with the house and health and all of that. I would love to do some archery when I get back. And I send my congratulations to Johan and Lauren and their new baby. 
Love you all,
Starszy Godwin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment